Imperial Hotel Express, Kisumu is located on Oginga Odinga Street in the central business district of Kisumu town. It is a sister hotel to Imperial Hotel on Jomo Kenyatta Highway of Kisumu. Imperial Express is located near Lake Victoria and a few minutes from Kisumu International Airport, on the western side of Kenya. Imperial Hotel Express, Kisumu offers no frills Bed and Continental breakfast for business travelers, who ideally do not spend their days at the hotel. If you have some days to spare, you can spend time at the lounge, go for a swim at the bigger Imperial Hotel, or take a tour of Kisumu town.
Why Imperial Hotel Express
- Modern, highly automated, conveniently located hotel
- Lovely rooms – cosy beds, nice decor with art pieces on the wall, clean bathrooms.
- Work desks ideal for the business traveler
- Free WiFi with good speeds – to catch up on work or watch
- Cosy Ambiance throughout the restaurant
- Healthy continental breakfast
What to do in Kisumu
- Go to lake Victoria and enjoy a meal of fish – Dunga Beach, Lwangni Beach, Hippo point
- Impala Sanctuary for wildlife viewing
- Hiking and camping – Dunga Hill Camp
- Nightlife at Club Signature, Buccaneer, Samba Marina, Buddy’s and Latitude
- Culture – Kisumu Musuem, Kit Mikayi
When to visit Kisumu
- Any time of the year. May experience light showers in the afternoons
To read more about Imperial Express, check out a full review here: Imperial Hotel Express, Kisumu – Posh Bed and Breakfast Business Hotel in Kisumu County
Photos below by @OdariGerald
Imperial Hotel Express, Kisumu
If you’d like to stay with family or want more facilities, consider staying at the sister hotel up the street – Imperial Hotel – where you will get great accommodation and more dining options at the different restaurants and you can use the gym and swimming pool. You can still access this facilities when you stay at Imperial Hotel Express at discounted rates, so please check your options with your host once you arrive.
Have you stayed at either Imperial Hotel Express, Kisumu or the bigger Imperial Hotel, do tell us about your experience on the comments section below